Saturday, August 18, 2018

is this how you blog?

the other day someone asked me a simple question: who are you? and though this may seem simple, it meant something; this question had substance. and as I pondered and scoured my many wavelengths of identity, the answer became simple. i am a lot of things. i'm who i love, i'm where i came from, i'm who i want to be, i'm my favorite songs and books and poems, and i am exactly who i want to be. i think realizing who you are is greatly learning how to love who you are. i think i'm at a point in my life when i truly, deeply love the person i am, and the person i'm becoming. this blog has been a long time coming, and it isn't anything special, but i decided i had too many thoughts not to write them down. i'm a dirt poor college student that prioritizes living life to the fullest every chance i get. it's the summer before my sophomore year, and i am more myself than i ever have been my entire life. i have found people who love and accept me, i have experienced more this past year than i ever thought possible: love, heartbreak, homesickness, and most of all, complete and utter joy. writing has always been what i turn to, in the light and in the dark, to express everything that i cannot explain without words. i hope to document my life in this next year, and so on, and hopefully others can share some of these experiences, and maybe even relate. i hope this blog brings a little bit of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the top of the mountains

 i grew up in a dry valley surrounded by mountains. Endless fields of corn and alfalfa stretched for miles until they reached the foot of th...